Welcome to the Paradise

I thank GOD who gave me happiness, challenges, opportunities and dreams. But my friends are the most important part of my life. They made my moments so memorable that I feel proud of that. Thanks to all....
This blog is dedicated to all who met me at some or other corners of the road traveled.

Pages

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Entry to Paradise

When I was called for interview in IIFM on 9th March'07, I called Anurag Dwivedi, in turn. I was going to talk to him after almost two years. I was little skeptic of his reception, but contrary to that I found him well entertaining. He satisfied all my questions and relieved me of my visit. I caught the train originating from Gorakhpur. Running late was regular feature of this train and it followed the same leaving me at Bhopal Station at around 01:15 o'clock in the night. I came out of the station and haggled with an auto for 100 rupees. At the gate only guard stopped the auto and took some entries followed by my signature. As auto started upside to that campus I was amazed to see the natural beauty spread on that enthralling campus of 200 acres. I left auto at the hostel entry. It was 2 am. Now I was little confused whether to go. I was refreshed by the breeze. Lamps were on and a slow music was increasing the all round attraction towards that place in my mind and heart. I moved my body towards a building but then I stopped my self and went to other building. I entered as gates were open. I had already been told about room no. 4 by Anurag. I took a right turn and found rooms starting from 7. So I returned and went opposite. I could see all other rooms on the ground floor except 4. Then I dared to ask in room no. 3. That guy was my senior and he directed me towards my destination. I found Anurag sleeping. As he woke up he welcomed me and asked about different cases from Allahabad University. I found myself in comfortable zone now and was happy to see Anurag unchanged. He talked with care taker of MDP Hostel and booked a room for me. In the early morning around 4 am, a guy came and lied on the bed next to me. I was free that morning as I had my interview on the next day. That was the first day of interview. I talked to Anurag and he gave me various tips on cracking interview and finally assured me of that. The next morning I got up late at 08:00. Interview had to start at 08:30 am. I just washed my face and put on my dress for interview. I was feeling little dizzy. Some assistants and teachers (about whom I had already been cautioned by Anurag) were doing the paper formalities after which we were called for GD. There were no girls in the group and I was the single guy wearing coat. After GD we shared our backgrounds and CAT percentile. I was confident on that ground. Every interview was taking half an hour on an average. I met with Jitendra Balani and Pravir Jha. Balani was from MP only and Pravir was from Bihar. As I and Balani were talking to each other Anurag came with Manish sir. I asked them about classes and they answered lightly. Balani was little eager to talk to them. I gave him a chance and his first question was CAT percentile and scope in college. Manish sir told him about his 98 %ile and also told him about his interest in IIFM as he had already left many colleges to join IIFM. Balani was shocked to listen a long list of good colleges like IMT, MICA, FORE, LBS, KJ Somaiya and so on. After their departure he discussed me about that answer. I took him in confidence and told him that nobody will leave these colleges to get admission in IIFM. He agreed and concentrated on interview. I was second last in the list. In my panel there were three teachers; Mr. Parag Dubey, Mr. CVRSVijay Kumar and Mr. Yogesh Dubey. After some introductory and academic questions they asked me a case “If you are asked to held somebody on the hint from your boss, will you do that? The favour to your boss will lead to your early promotion and denial will leave you on the road.” After beating their question a lot I replied not to favour my boss as it was not ethical. I really don't know what wonder my answer had done as they selected me in the final list. When admission letter came to my home I was asked to submit a draft of 60,000. I sent that draft via a courier company, but unfortunately it could not reach. Finally Papa and I went to IIFM with another draft and submitted it on last day. Last day was sunday and guards stopped us at the gate only. Somehow we got entry after so many requests. Near the hostel Mr. Siddhartha Basu, one of my seniors, listened our problem and took us to Warden's House. Prof. Biswas assured us for the purpose and called Mr. E. Kuriakosh to accpet my draft the next day. On monday we finally submitted our draft and my original draft reached there after four hours. We collected that and departed to station. Since we were not having reservation, we had to travel back on our toes. But again the experience was very nice and left us discussing the beauty and aura of IIFM for some more days.

No comments:

Post a Comment